According to taste and availability, you can substitute legumes with chopped tempeh, crumbled tofu or mock meat.
Organic Lasagna with Cream of Broccoli
- Serving 8-10 portions
- Preparation 40 min
- Cooking 40 min
|500 g (1.1 lb.)||lasagna noodles made from rice, quinoa or spelled or other organic paste containing no gluten|
|1 L (4 cups)||broccoli florets|
|125 g package||Parmesan L’Ancêtre|
|200g package||L’Ancêtre Mozzarella cheese|
|15 ml (1 tbsp)||vegetable broth concentrate|
|3||organic garlic cloves, crushed|
|375 ml (1 1/2 cup)||Organic Rice Drink|
|540 ml||organic legumes of your choice, drained|
- In a large saucepan of boiling salted water, cook lasagna noodles as directed on package, until al dente. Drain, then cool noodles with cold water. Drain again, leaving a small amount of water in the pan, then put pasta back in the pan.
- Cook the broccoli in a little water until they are tender, then drain. Puree with the parmesan cheese, broth, garlic and about 375 ml (1 1/2 cup) rice drink in a food processor. If necessary, add a little rice beverage to obtain the consistency of a white sauce.
- Pour a small of amount of this cream of broccoli in a baking dish (about 23 cm x 33 cm – 9 inches x 13 inches). Cover the cream with a layer of noodles, then add more cream of broccoli. Garnish with another layer of noodles, then add the legumes. Add two more layers of pasta, moistened with cream of broccoli. Add salt and pepper and add a few pinches of cayenne pepper to taste between layers. Keep enough cream of broccoli to coat the top layer.
- Cover the lasagna with mozzarella cheese, then bake for 30 minutes in a preheated oven at 180°C (350°F).
- Remove from oven and wait 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve with arugula salad.
- If making the lasagna in advance, store covered in the refrigerator and bake an extra 10 minutes.
Advance Preparation : 2 days
To accompany your recipe
This recipe goes perfectly with a Delicate and light or Fruity and light wine.
Discover the best pairings for the Organic Lasagna with Cream of Broccoli on the SAQ website!
© Société des alcools du Québec