Recipe developed by Recettes d’ici.
Apple Tart with L’Ancêtre Organic Aged Cheddar
- Serving 4 portions
- Preparation 10 min
- Cooking 15 min
- Preheat oven broiler.
- Melt together the organic butter, vanilla and brown sugar in a skillet on high. Heat until the mixture is a golden caramel colour.
- Add the lemon juice to stop the caramel from overheating, then cook for another 15 to 20 seconds.
- Add the apple slices and let them fully caramelize. Flip them as they cook so that they are golden brown on both sides.
- U5. Once they are caramelized, spread them out in the baked tart shells. Top each tart with the organic cheddar cheese and broil them for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Serve right away with the remaining caramel.
- Serve with a good vanilla ice cream.
- The apples can be replaced with peaches.
- Using a baking apple (such as Lobo, Spartan, or Empire) will produce a tart with firmer pieces of fruit. These apples also don’t go brown as quickly.
To accompany your recipe
This recipe goes perfectly with a Delicate and light or Fruity and light wine.
Discover the best pairings for the Apple Tart with L’Ancêtre Organic Aged Cheddar on the SAQ website!
© Société des alcools du Québec