A guaranteed hit! Tasty recipe you can prepare quickly, and in advance. Need we say more?
Rainbow Trout Rolls Stuffed With Pesto and Bruschetta
- Serving 6 portions
- Preparation 25 min
- Cooking 30 min
|3||rainbow trout fillets 350 g each|
|250 ml (1 cup)||pesto, homemade or store-bought|
|L’Ancêtre Parmesan cheese, grated|
|375 ml (1 1/2 cup)||bruschetta, homemade or store-bought|
|Extra virgin olive oil|
|Freshly milled black pepper|
- Preheat oven to 190°C (375°F).
- Remove skin from fish fillets, then cut each one in two along the middle to create long strips. Spread some pesto onto each strip. Perform same with bruschetta. Garnish with basil, and pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle the Parmesan. Gently roll fish strips. Secure each one with a toothpick, then arrange on a large cooking sheet. At this point, you can either proceed with the recipe, or cover the rolls and refrigerate up to 24 hours.
- Moisten rolls with a little olive oil. Sprinkle with Parmesan.
- Slide the cooking sheet onto the middle oven rack, and cook 30 minutes or until the fish is flaky and opaque.
- Remove rolls from oven. Gently use a spatula to serve one by one. Top with cooking juices. Serve with a steamed mushroom and asparagus risotto.
Advance preparation: 12 hours, but cook just prior to serving
To accompany your recipe
Discover the best pairings for the Rainbow Trout Rolls Stuffed With Pesto and Bruschetta on the SAQ website!
© Société des alcools du Québec