A dish that falls somewhere between an open face sandwich and a baked pizza. An absolutely delectable idea.
Chicken and Mushroom Pizza Baguette
- Serving 4 portions
- Preparation 25 mins
- Cooking 25 mins
|560-600 g (1 1⁄4 -1 1⁄3 lb)||Boneless, skinless chicken breasts|
|227 g ( 1⁄2 lb)||White mushrooms, scrubbed and cut into quarters|
|1||Medium onion, thinly sliced|
|200 g||L’Ancêtre grated cheese of your choice: Cheddar, Mozzarella, Emmental, etc.|
|30 ml (2 cs)||Huile de pépins de raisin|
|Tomato sauce or pizza sauce|
|Espelette chili pepper or smoked paprika|
|Salt and pepper|
- Preheat oven to 220°C (425°F).
- Cut chicken breasts into bite size pieces or strips, and place them on a plate. Season to taste with Italian seasoning, garlic powder, Espelette chili, salt and pepper.
- Turn the chicken, then season again. Set aside. In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. When hot, add chicken nuggets and mushrooms, and sauté 8-10 minutes or until chicken is just cooked.
- Three minutes before the end of cooking, add sliced onion and continue cooking, stirring regularly. Once the chicken is cooked, remove from heat and set aside.
- Slice baguette in half, cut again, reducing thickness of the bread by half. Remove a bit of the soft part of the bread with your hands, then place baguette on a baking sheet. Cover the pieces of baguette with tomato or pizza sauce, add a little cheese. Carefully add the chicken and vegetables on the pieces of bread, then top with remaining cheese.
- Place the baking sheet on the middle rack of the oven and bake for 12-15 minutes. Broil at the end. Remove from oven and serve immediately with a green salad.
To accompany your recipe
This recipe goes perfectly with a Delicate and light or Fruity and light wine.
Discover the best pairings for the Chicken and Mushroom Pizza Baguette on the SAQ website!
© Société des alcools du Québec